Post Author Luciana, 23-12-22
Huevos Rancheros is a classic Mexican brunch dish that is sure to please your taste buds. It's the perfect combination of flavors and textures, made from a few simple ingredients. With a few tweaks, you can make an incredibly flavorful and delicious version of this classic dish. This recipe will give you the ultimate Huevos Rancheros experience. Start by whisking together a delicious, slightly spicy sauce and cooking up a batch of your favorite Mexican-style eggs. Then, layer the eggs with a crispy corn tortilla and a generous helping of beans and cheese. Top with a dollop of guacamole and a sprinkle of your favorite Mexican-style toppings. The result is a mouthwatering, hearty brunch that's sure to satisfy any appetite.
- Eggs: Use your favorite Mexican-style eggs for this recipe. You can also use farm-fresh eggs if available. The Mexican-style eggs are usually found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. They can be used in a variety of recipes, including this one.
- Tortillas: Use crispy corn tortillas for this recipe. You can buy them in a can or bag, or make them yourself. If you choose to make them yourself, follow the instructions on the package to get the right texture and flavor.
- Beans: Use your favorite beans for this recipe. Black beans or pinto beans are recommended. They add a nice texture and flavor to the dish.
- Cheese: Use your favorite Mexican melting cheese for this recipe. The Mexican melting cheeses are usually a blend of cheeses. They can generally be found in the Hispanic section of the grocery store.
- Guacamole: Guacamole is the perfect garnish for this dish. Make it fresh for maximum flavor and quality. You can also use store-bought guacamole if you’re short on time.
Preparing the Sauce
- First, pour the oil into a small saucepan and heat it over medium-low heat. Add the onions and peppers to the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are softened.
- Next, add the garlic and stir. Add the chopped tomatoes, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, and pour in the stock. Season with salt and pepper, stir, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the sauce into a blender. Blend until smooth and pour the sauce back into the saucepan.
- Set the sauce aside to cool while you make the rest of the dish.
Cooking the Eggs
- Fry the eggs to your preferred level of doneness. Over-medium, over-easy and sunny-side-up are the best options for this recipe. Over-easy eggs are easier to serve, but over-medium and sunny-side-up are better for the dish as a whole.
- While the eggs are cooking, slice and warm the tortillas. You can do this in a dry skillet on medium-low heat or in the microwave.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your preferred level and the tortillas are warm, transfer the eggs to the tortillas and top with the beans and cheese. - Place the dishes in the oven to allow the cheese to melt.
Assembling the Huevos Rancheros
- While the cheese is melting, place a tortilla on each plate. Spoon some of the sauce over the tortillas, followed by the eggs and the rest of the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, diced avocado and lime wedges, and serve with warm corn tortillas on the side, if desired.